- The abstract submission deadline has been extended until 23:59 PST, May 20th, 2022, for further information, see below
- We are getting closer to the submission deadline, do not miss it and join us!
We are very happy to announce that the second edition of CLINICCAI will be held on site, in the Resort World Convention Centre Sigapore!
Welcome to CLINICCAI
Clinical Translation of Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions
It is a great pleasure to invite you to the second edition of CLINICCAI, a MICCAI event dedicated to healthcare practitioners willing to discuss their research on translational and clinical aspects of medical image computing, computer-assisted interventions, and medical robotics.
The Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention Society (the MICCAI Society) is a leading community of biomedical scientists, engineers, and clinicians working on advances in the methodology and applications of these fields since 1998. Recent methodological improvements and new clinical applications enabled by breakthroughs in medical imaging, deep learning and other AI techniques motivated MICCAI to create a clinical day to reinforce its clinical ties and explore further how to generate value for patients and healthcare systems.
The second edition of CLINICCAI will be a fantastic opportunity for healthcare practitioners to share their translational research experiences, discuss needs with biomedical researchers with diverse backgrounds, network and become active members of the growing MICCAI community. The event will take place in parallel to MICCAI 2022, allowing participants to explore and get inspired by the other scientific sessions, workshops and social happenings of the biomedical conference.
In its second edition, CLINICCAI will be held from September 18th to 22nd 2022 in the Resort World Convention Centre Singapore. This will be the first MICCAI (and CLINICCAI!) conference hosted in Southeast Asia.
Works to be presented will be selected based on an abstract submission evaluated by an international committee of physicians. Renowned practitioners in the field will be invited for keynote lectures in a joint session with the main MICCAI2022 program.
We look forward to welcoming you at CLINICCAI!
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Healthcare practitioners involved in multidisciplinary research teams or start-ups are kindly invited to submit their translational research on medical image computing, computer-assisted intervention, and medical robotics for presentation at the second edition of CLINICCAI.
Abstracts should be structured according to the Submission Guidelines and should be submitted via Microsoft's CMT by May 13, 2022.
Submissions will be peer-reviewed by physicians in the CLINICCAI committees, and authors will be notified about the decision by June 24th, 2022.
Presenting authors must be healthcare practitioners (e.g., physicians, nurses, technicians) committed to register to the conference (discounted registration). All presentations will compete for the CLINICCAI Best Presentation Award, which will be announced at the end of the event and sponsored by the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery (IHU Strasbourg).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest to CLINICCAI include, but are not limited to:
- Digital patient
- Digital pathology
- Computer aided diagnosis
- Predictive modelling of risks, diseases and patients' outcomes
- Advanced preoperative planning and surgical guidance
- Image-guided interventions
- Immersive technologies in surgery (mixed, augmented and virtual reality)
- Technologies to enhance patient safety and quality improvement
- Video-based assessment of surgical procedures
- Automated skill assessment
- Ergonomics and human factors in surgery
- Team dynamics assessment
- Surgical data science
- Digital surgery
- Healthcare robotics
- Virtual reality simulators
- Surgical coaching
- Serious gaming for training
- Hospital and OR management systems
- Device and strategies for OR translation
- Call for abstracts
- 23:59 PST, Mar 4th, 2022
- Extended abstract submission deadline
- 23:59 PST, May 20th, 2022
- 23:59 PST, Jun 24th, 2022
- Camera ready abstracts
- 23:59 PST, Aug 26th, 2022
- CLINICCAI conference
- date to be confirmed between September 18th and 22nd, 2022
- Prof. Jason Chan, MD
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
- Prof. Heike I. Grabsch, MD, PhD
- University of Leeds, UK, and Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Prof. Nicolas Padoy, PhD
- University of Strasbourg & Institute of Image-Guided Surgery, IHU Strasbourg, France
- Daniel Hashimoto, MD
- University Hospitals, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, United States
- Xiao Li, MD
- Peking University People's Hospital, China
- Pietro Mascagni, MD
- Fondazione Policlinico Universitario A. Gemelli, Italy & Institute of Image-Guided Surgery, IHU Strasbourg, France
- Tiffany So, MD
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
- Juan Manuel Verde, MD
- Institute of Image-Guided Surgery, IHU Strasbourg, France
- Yi Yang, MD
- Beijing Tiantan Hospital, China
- Joe Yeong, MD
- Singapore General Hospital, IMCB, A*STAR, Singapore
CLINICCAI will consider original works focusing on the preclinical or clinical translation of medical image computing, computer-assisted interventions, and healthcare robotics. Submissions should be original, written in standard English, and limited to a maximum of 600 words. The first and presenting author should be a healthcare practitioner.
About the format:
- Full title: The title should be concise, specific, and informative. Please limit the length of the title to 150 characters. Whenever possible include study type (e.g., first-in-animal, first-in-human, clinical trial, etc.).
- Authors: The first author should be the healthcare practitioner presenting at CLINICCAI.
- Affiliations: Please limit the affiliations to 2 per author.
- Presenting author: Please provide the full name, affiliation, and contacts (email, phone number) of the presenting author.
- Keywords: Please provide 3-5 keywords.
- Key information: Please to 100 words.
- Research question: aim based on the study hypothesis or goal/purpose.
- Findings: results focused on primary outcome(s) and finding(s).
- Meaning: key conclusion and implication.
- Manuscript: Please limit to 600 words.
- Introduction: Please summarize the context, the addressed clinical need, the hypothesis, and aim of your work.
- Material and methods: Please include a description of the device (development, performance, etc.) being tested, the experimental setting, study outcomes, and analysis.
- Results: Please avoid referencing results not yet available at the time of submission. Tables, pictures, and illustrations should be in a separate page at the end of the manuscript.
- Discussion and Conclusion: Please emphasize new and important findings and aspects of the study, and the conclusions to be drawn, focusing on the potential to impact clinical care. Include the limitations and propose improvements whenever possible.
- References: A total of 10 references following the AMA style (10thed).
- Disclosures: Please explicit any potential conflict of interest handled during the work
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CLINICCAI TEMPLATE